Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Festival Video In Production

The Black Belt Folk Roots Festival that I mentioned in a previous post took place this past weekend at the Old Courthouse Square in historic Eutaw. As expected, the weather was very hot, too hot for me to attend. But, all is not lost!

This year A1 Web Services sent a cameraman to shoot some video of the festivities. While editing the video, I got to enjoy some highlights from the first day of the 2 day event. It looked great, wish I could have been there! If the heat doesn't bother you, I'd recommend that you try to attend next year's festival.

I love handcrafted quilts and wow, from what I saw in the video, it looked like quilt heaven! There were lots of baskets and jewelry. I also heard there was leather works, African art and clothing, home decorations, floral arrangements, furniture, toys, wood carvings and similar crafts. I could see that there was more food there than you could imagine!

I really enjoyed the music of blues artist Willie King. And the best part of all is he gave permission for A1 Web to film his show for the video!!! That was awesome!

If all goes as planned, the video will be uploaded to Google video for all to enjoy. So check back here for updates.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home